In addition to the high frequency ECS units Magnapower have designed a low cost ECCS (Eddy Current Can Separator) for Aluminium Can Recycling. The rotor is a more economical design as smaller forces are required to separate the whole aluminium cans than smaller aluminium pieces. The ECCS machines are built using the same high intensity non-deteriorating permanent magnets with an optimised design for separation of Aluminium cans.
We always recommend the removal of ferrous steel from the procuct before it is passed over the ECCS for separation. Removal of ferrous steel ensures continuous trouble free operation of the eddy current separator.
Features of the Magnapower ECCS include:
- Low cost eddy current rotor with an optimised design to separate aluminium cans
- High powered Rare Earth Neodymium (non-deteriorating) eddy current rotor magnet system
- Cantilevered frame to allow a single piece belt change within approximately one hour
- Motorized drive drum with internal bearings to prevent material trapping / damage
- Control panel included
- Splitter hood available if required (not always necessary)
- Sealed belt / frame arrangement to prevent ingress of material
- Belt tensioning pulley designed for easy belt replacement and tensioning.
- Units can be built to suit most colour and height requirements
- Available in belt widths of 450mm and 600mm